Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mysore Part2

My love for Mysore probably originated from the time that I had in Infosys, Mysore. So, My blog on Mysore will be incomplete unless I write about this.

After my BE, I was going to join Infosys on 19 Sept 2005. So on Sept 18th, I entered a "wonderland" called Infosys, Mysore. I can write pages about the campus, but if you are interested you can just google "infy mysore" and you can get all that info. About the environment over there...umm... it was more like extended college life... lectures, assignments, exams... just the same... but we were paid for it (isn't that great!! ;-))

It was a totally different experience being in a professional organisation and all. But that is not what I normally remember when I think about my days in Mysore. Its more the experience I had in my personal life, the people I met, the games I played, the food I ate etc etc...

I made many friends over there, some close, some not so much... some I am still in contact with, some I am not... But all of them became a part of my life at least for some time... and thus have contributed to who I am right now...

Personally, there were lot of "firsts" for me...the first time I went bowling, first time I played pool, first time I shared a room with a total stranger, the first time that I felt totally lost, first time I interacted with people from all kinds of different places, first time I found a close friend in a girl, first time I had a "date" (even though it wasn't a "real" date;-)) and the list goes on...

Most importantly, it was the first time I was truly out of my comfort zone, and I, not only made it through but, thoroughly enjoyed it. The best thing about this journey was that it was so smooth that I didn't even realise when I became comfortable out of my "comfort zone"....
The confidence that I took from this will always stay with me....

2 comments:

  1. hey :-) loved this post!!!!!
    'wonderland' is the perfect word for Infy Mys DC! :) It sure was our 9th semester of engineering! :) Heard they've now increased the training period for 8 months? :) It must be nice!
    Shared the room with a total stranger.. umm.. I remember this stranger :P
    Lemme tell you one thing - after you were back someone surely thot u'd turned into a gentleman.. at least from the eyes of JPP girls... :D And do you remember who said it? :) And I was like, oh, all infoscions are like that! :) So - that is what Mysore days are all about - a transformation.. 'induction' into a better world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey.. nice post! personally for me too mysore stay consisted of many 'firsts' :D .. will always miss those days..just like we miss college days.. :) keep writing!

    ReplyDelete