Thursday, April 16, 2009

Me/ We

Something great happened to one of my closest friends this week, something which I wanted to happen to me, for a long time now. When I heard it, the first thought that came to my mind was "I wish this had happened to me" and I felt happy for my friend later.

Isn't it sad that we think about ourselves first and others later, even on occasions like this when the other person is a "friend"? There is just too much "I,me,my,mine" in our minds, isn't it?

I liked an ad that I watched on TV some days back. It said:

Be less discouraged, more determined
Be less distracted, more present
Be less wasteful, more environmental
Be less me, more we...

If"we" could implement this atleast to some extent, the world would be a much better place to live!

1 comment:

  1. yeah v v true! i agree!

    hya chya warun athavla... Pu La once said.. ppl can never be totally happy for their frnd, on their frnd's bday.. but i have been genuinely happy at times, for others, but then again as you've said, not been happy for others! This is v human! and yes, we can all learn together.. and then a better place - this world - will surely be!
    yeh advert kaunsa hai? i haven't seen.. i have seen a surf excel ad :D

    ReplyDelete